It’s that time of the year again. Spooky and scary things everywhere. Yep, I am so not into Halloween, I don’t like scary. But I do like the cooking and baking craziness that comes with it You can go absolutely wild in color and combos and no one cares!
So over the next couple weeks I will show you some of my favorite Halloween dishes, that are super easy to prepare and never fail.
Today I want to start with a party dish/appetizer idea. This Spicy Nacho Halloween Cheese Ball is perfect to get a party night with friends started. Literally prepped in minutes and so full of flavors! We like it a little spicier here, so just in case you don’t, cut down the jalapeno by half
If you should have leftovers (what I doubt), you can mush it all up and spread it on some bread for lunch the next day, or on your bagel in the morning
- 1 package cream cheese, 8 oz., room temperature
- ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno with seeds, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons salsa (any kind will work)
- 1 stem of a bell pepper (I used a plastic one that I bought at the dollar store)
- 1 small bag Doritos, original flavor, crushed
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients besides the Nachos until well combined
- Form cream cheese mixture into a ball
- Roll cheese ball in crushed Nachos until fully covered
- Place stem of bell pepper on top
- Serve with Nachos to dig in :)
My wonderful friend Dawn from Spatulas On Parade made something so perfect for this holiday: Bones and Boogers … Ewww haha A must make this Halloween!