I am currently living in the state of Washington.
The only good thing about the weather here is, that i can make all my Bavarian winter dishes throughout the whole year. But that’s about it, because other than that the weather here sucks.
So yesterday was a cold day, once again, and I decided to make a Warm Bacon Salad, how my grandpa already made it.
Because of the egg dumplings in it, its a full meal, and you don’t have to make anything with it.
Even my husband was surprised, he was so satisfied with “just” a salad 😉
- Your favorite type of lettuce
- 6 mini tomatoes
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1+3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt, oregano, oil
- Cut your lettuce the way you want it, wash it, set aside
- Cut the tomatoes and put in lettuce bowl
- Combine 1 egg, flour, milk, salt and oregano in a bowl until smooth
- Take a spoon and form little balls out of the dough and let them glide into boiling water, cook for about 12 minutes
- Get your dumplings out of the water and brown them in a lightly oiled pan, then transfer them to the salad bowl
- Cook the bacon in a small pan until it's as crispy as you want it, then take the bacon out of the pan, transfer on lettuce and tomatoes, but keep the fat in the pan
- Combine oil, vinegar, water, salt and sugar in the pan with the bacon fat
- Pour the dressing while still warm over the salad