Life just got a little more perfect.
Cheesecake in a mug, how sweet is that?!
After some tries and changes here and there it actually really tastes like normal cheesecake, I couldn’t believe it. Same texture as the normal oven-baked cheesecakes, it is amazing!
It’s the perfect single serving size and there is endless variations you can make.From chocolate chips to berries over pumpkin, everything is possible.
And they are so much healthier than normal cheesecakes. Low fat, low cal, super light … I love it!
I wanna show you the basic recipe and hope you have a lot of fun creating your own individual Mug Cheesecakes.
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons low fat cream cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ egg, beaten fluffy (egg substitute works too)
- Mix-in of your choice (if desired)
- 1 vanilla wafer
- In a small bowl mix together sugar, sour cream, cream cheese, lemon juice and egg until well combined
- Fold in your favorite Mix-in (if you want a plain cheesecake, just leave this step out)
- Microwave on high for 1 minute
- Open microwave door for 20 seconds, close, and microwave again for 45 seconds (if you use a mix-in you might need additional 20 seconds)
- Take out of the microwave, let cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to the fridge for about 2 hours
- Serve with a crushed vanilla wafer on top (or if you take it out of the cup put crushed vanilla wafer on the plate and place cake on top)