Normally, in my house, we have cereal or oatmeal for breakfast. A couple days ago my husband asked me if I could make a “manly” dish for breakfast on the weekend. And since his wish is my desire (haha), I was getting some of his favorite ingredients together to make this simple 4 ingredient Ground Turkey and Egg Casserole.
Yes, you read that right – 4 ingredients is all it takes to make this fantastic comforting dish!
Might not be the healthiest recipe I have ever made, but it’s for sure a delicious one and in the end it’s all about balance, right?!
You can prepare this Ground Turkey and Egg Casserole the night before and simply reheat it in the microwave in the morning. But since the recipe is extremely simple, you can bake it fresh in the morning before your loved ones get up as well. All together, including baking time, you will need about 30-35 minutes. Not too bad huh?!
My husband likes Sriracha on it, I prefer ketchup and sometimes even some strawberry jam. The casserole is super customizable, use any kind of cheese you like and/or swap the ground turkey with ground chicken, pork or beef – Chorizo works perfectly as well.
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound of ground turkey, cooked and crumbled
- 2 packs of crescent rolls
- Preheat your oven to 375 F
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground turkey, set aside
- Crack 6 eggs into a bowl and mix with cheese and ground turkey
- Line your 9x13 casserole dish with crescent rolls
- Pour mixture into crescent rolls and bake for 15-20 minutes