Brrr … It’s still so cold! I am more than ready for Summer to come. Well, at least Spring
Until then I just keep making dishes like this Stuffed Corn Chowder. Depending on what ingredients you use, this can be a fairly healthy dish.
I love the creaminess of this chowder. Creamy without feeling heavy!
You can absolutely substitute the sugar snap peas with any other vegetable of your choice, I just love sugar snap peas and add them into everything!
I only used salt, pepper, garlic and a little of nutmeg for spicing the dish. However, feel free to add whatever spices you like. Don’t forget, cooking is not about replicating a recipe 100%, it’s all about adding you tot he plate
- 1lbs ground turkey
- 12oz frozen corn kernels
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1¼ cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 large onion
- 1½ cups sugar snap peas*
- Variety of spices: salt, pepper, garlic ...
- Brown ground turkey and onions in a large pan with some cooking spray, set aside
- Combine milk, broth, corn and sugar snap peas in a large pot, bring to a boil
- Stir in potato flakes and turn down the heat to medium low
- Add turkey and onions, spice with salt, pepper and any other spices you pick to your liking and serve :)