I am part of the “Fill The Cookie Jar” group. Every month we bake cookies to a specific theme/topic. This month the theme was Fall.
For two days already it is so cold here in WA (perfect timing huh?!), so I feel cookies can be a little more decadent now. Goodbye tank tops and short, hello sweatshirt and jeans. At least I can hide a big belly from eating lots of cookies under it 😛
I decided to go with a mug cookie, a M&M Microwave Cookie for One to be exact. Why?! Simply because I totally crave warm sweet treats that go quick as soon as it is getting colder. I love sitting on my couch at night and being able to dig into this delicious deep dish cookie that only takes me 5 minutes to make
Have you ever had a deep dish cookie? I am in love with them for over a year already! You can mix in whatever you want, I never have the same one twice.
For the Fall theme I decided to go with M&M’s and oats, because Monster Cookies are my favorite Fall cookie. They have this earthy taste and that sweetness that just fit to Fall so perfectly. I bet you have all the basic ingredients at home, so go into your kitchen right now and try one
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon quick oats
- 2 tablespoons mini M&M's
- Mix everything (besides the candy) together in a small bowl until smooth
- Fold in M&M's
- Spray a 4 inch ramekin with cooking spray
- Transfer batter into ramekin and spread out a little
- Microwave on high 45-60 seconds (times may vary, depending on your microwave. Mine is 1000 watt)
- Let cool 5 minutes, then dig in :)
If you want to join our monthly fun, simply click the Cookie Jar button and fill out a short form
Now let’s see what all the other have created!