I love pancakes – nuff said
The first time I saw the American way of pancakes was only about 3 years ago when I met my husband. We Germans make them completely different.
I love both types. The German ones stuffed with a salad, the American ones sweet and decadent.
That might be the right word for these Low Carb Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes haha 😀
The batter is made ith coconut flour to take out all the unhealthy carbs, then simply stuffed with mashed bananas and peanut butter. I used the organic one from Trader Joe’s, but use whatever you want. Crunchy, creamy, plain or one of those fancy ones with white chocolate added – it all works!
Couldn’t resist the chocolate drizzle on top, but also had them another day with maple syrup and they were fantastic!
Are you ready to start stacking them up and dig in?!
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 packet stevia
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt, fat free
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice (I used canned coconut milk)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 1 banana, mashed
- Chocolate fudge sauce, sugar free
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and stevia
- Add egg whites, yogurt, milk and vanilla
- Stir until well combined (batter should be thick, but if it is too thick add another tablespoon of milk)
- Bring small saucepan sprayed with cooking spray over medium/low heat and cook like normal pancakes (about 1.5 minutes from each side)
- Melt your peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Spread some mashed banana and peanut butter between each layer, then drizzle with fudge sauce on top