I love chunky soups, have I ever mentioned that?! Haha yeah I know I say that all the time 😉
You basically throw all the veggies you an get together in one pot – then you have to be patient for a couple hours – add some coconut milk and dig in!
The milk gives this minestrone such a nice flavor, not coconutty, but gooood. I don’t know how to explain it, I guess you have to try it yourself.
I use all frozen veggies simply because they are cheaper and are the second best after fresh
I usually double the recipe and freeze it in portions then, so I have either lunch or dinner for a whole week!
- 4 cups vegetable stock, organic if possible
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 tomatoes, cut in cubes
- 2 cups yellow squash
- 1 cup green and yellow beans
- 1 cup chickpeas, low sodium
- ¾ cup coconut milk, the canned type
- Optional: garlic powder, pepper and paprika for spicing (I am totally good with the natural flavors tho
- Combine all ingredients besides the coconut milk in a large pot and bring to a boil
- Immediately turn heat down to low (simmer)
- Cover the pot and let simmer for 1.5 hours
- Uncover, add coconut milk and turn heat up to medium/low
- Let cook for another 30 minutes then serve :)