Even tho my grandpa passed away exactly 7 years ago today, I can remember him so so clearly! I grew up with my grandparents so I was very close to him. He was never a man of many words, but showed his love with his actions. Whenever I got sick, he would let me sleep behind him on the couch, while he was watching his sports shows (this was the cuddliest place ever!) and make me this soup.
It's basically a chicken and rice soup with some scrambled egg in it, but for me this was a health soup.
It never failed and always made me feel better (probably because my grandpa put all his love in it).
I miss him terribly, but feel so close to him every time I eat this soup!
What you need (4 servings)
2 cups rice, cooked until al dente but not tender
4 cups chicken broth
3 large carrots, chopped
2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut in cubes
| |How you make it
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray and bring over high heat
- Add chicken cubes and cook until browned a little
- Add chicken broth, carrots and rice
- Turn the heat down to low and let simmer for 30 minutes
- Slightly beat the eggs in a small bowl
- Bring soup back to a full boil and pour eggs into it
- Cook for 3 minutes then serve
Other Soups To Warm Soul And Body
Beet Root Soup
Addicting Chickpea Stew
Chunky Fresh Pumpkin Soup