Don’t you love banana bread?! Me too! There are two different kinds, one is more like cake, and the other one is more dense like real bread!
So these Banana Carrot Choolate Chips Bread Bars are the second type!
Made with whole wheat flour and only 1 tablespoon oil (you can also substitute that with applesauce), they are good for you!
I usually eat them for snack time at 2pm, but sometimes I have them for breakfast with some cream cheese on top.
The flavors of the banana come out so nicely, and mixed with the slight sweetness of the chocolate chips they are perfect for every time of the day
- 1 up whole wheat flour
- ½ cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅔ cups carrots, shredded
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Line a 8 inch brownie pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl bring together flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
- Add mashed bananas, oil, sugar, vanilla, egg and lemon juice
- Stir until well combined
- Fold in carrots and chocolate chips
- Spread out batter into baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Serve warm or let cool – it’s up to you