While I see lots of recipes for those lunchboxes, I never really understood the hype behind it. For me it just looked like the new accessory, every food blogger has, so they don't have to cook so much ;)
Let me tell you, having one myself changed my mind and I will tell you why YOU should have one too!
I was also kind of overwhelmed with what to use for filling it, since I am used to either a bowl full of oatmeal for lunch or some take out fast food. So I want on the homepage of the company and got myself inspired. So many choices, opportunities and deliciousness going on there. I wouldn't have to eat the same lunch twice for a whole year, if I want to make them all ;)
Tho the first thing my eye caught, was this picture about plating balance:
So now to the questions of the questions:
Why should I buy a Bento Box?
First of all it's a great way to take things from home and not having to buy fast food.
But my favorite reason (and that's the answer to why you should by one, even tho you don't eat outside) is, because it helps you to learn your portion sizes and eat healthy. Everything is allowed, you just have to eat the right amount of it!
So if you are trying to loose weight, a Bento Box is a genius thing for you!
I would even recommend to fill your dinner into there, so you really get a feeling for sizes. After a couple month you will be able to plate your dishes the healthy way, all thanks to this Box ;)
- A Laptop Lunches Bento Box isn't expensive
- They come in every color combo you could ask for
- It's super easy to clean (dishwasher)
- You can microwave the containers (what gives you even more possibilities to fill it with, since you can easily warm it up at work)
- Made in the US, do not contain PVC (So no China production here)
- They will help you safe money by keeping you away from buying all this junk food
- They will get you in shape in no time :)