The first time I gave my husband a Langos he was blown away and ever since he can't get enough of it!
In Germany we have lots of festivals and after a night of drinking beer at a beer tent you just gotta have a Langos before you go home!
Yes it is fried, and maybe not the healthiest dish, but it's so worth it!
It looks so simple ans plain, but believe me when I say that once you had this dish, you will for sure make it again and again!
Fried dough, brushed with paprika and garlic oil, topped with sour cream and as much cheese as you can fit on it!
I don't know a single person who doesn't love a Langos, so I am sure you will like it too!
What you need (for 4 Langos)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 package active dry yeast
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons sweet paprika powder
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 cups shredded cheese
oil for frying
| |How you make it
- In a large bowl combine water, milk, salt, sugar and yeast
- Stir and let rest for 5 minutes
- Add flour and stir until combined, then try to knead it gently until smooth (dough will be sticky, but ok to handle. If too sticky, please add a little more flour)
- Cover and let rest on a warm place for 1 hour
- Meanwhile mix together oil, paprika and garlic for the brushing and set aside until you need it
- Now after one hour pour oil 3 inches high into a large saucepan (if you don't have a fryer)
- When the oil is hot enough (you know that by holding the end of a wooden spoon into it and when it makes bubbles, it's hot enough) cut dough into 4 equally sized pieces
- Spray a soup plate with cooking spray and place one dough part into it
- Press down the middle with the back of your hand (technically you have to make a pizza dough looking shape - super thin in the middle and a little thicker on the outside)
- Place dough in oil and fry on each side until golden (about 1 minute each side)
- Place on paper towel to get rid of the oil
- Repeat with the remaining dough pieces
- Now brush your Langos with the oil mixture you've prepared earlier, then put lots of sour cream on it and finish off with shredded cheese - enjoy :)