You know why I love Valentines Day? Not because it is the day to celebrate love – I think everyday is the right day to celebrate that – I love Valentines because I can finally bake and decorate everything in my favorite colors without being judged by my husband
When the house is pink and red, the plate also filled with those colors, my heart is beating faster and jumps for joy!
These Flaming Hearts are the easiest Valentines treat with a wow-factor I know. Completely made in the microwave, but don’t worry, no one will notice! A fast eye-catcher for you and your partner, perfect for snacking together on the couch while watching a love-story on TV.
Oh and the best part: besides the white chocolate it uses no fat in this recipe!
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 ounces white chocolate
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- In a medium bowl mix together all sponge cake ingredients
- Spread batter into 8 inch microwave safe dish
- Microwave on high for 4 to 4½ minutes
- Dump cake out of the form right after microwaving and cut out heart shaped cookies with a cookie cutter
- Let cool completely
- Microwave jam for 30 seconds, stir and brush each cookie with jam, let cool for 5 minutes in the fridge
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave and brush all around cookie, leave the bottom out
- Jam will still be a little liquid so you can brush the "flames" in
- Let cool and set completely before serving