This Red Coconut Cream Cake is heavenly easy and absolutely amazing!
The cream cheese gives this cake such a great texture (I prefer this one over the normal cake box mix cake texture) – still fluffy, but kind of creamy and … (I don’t have words for how much I love it)!
Putting the whole thing on a Ritz Cracker crust was simply genius – Coconut and Ritz go together so well, I would have never thought that!
And the red coconut on top, just gives it a lovely color contrast
- 1 roll Ritz Crackers
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 12 ounces cream cheese, fat free, softened
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- Red food coloring (about 10 drops)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Line a 8 inch baking pan (I use a brownie pan) with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine crushed crackers with melted butter and stir until all soaked
- Press crust in pan, try to get up the sides with it a little and bake for 12 minutes
- Meanwhile in a large bowl combine cake mix, cream cheese, oil and egg until smooth (batter will be very thick)
- Spread batter gently over pre-baked crust
- In a small bowl combine coconut flakes and red food coloring until color fits your liking
- Sprinkle coconut over cream cheese mixture and bake for additional 35 minutes
- Let cool completely before serving