But this time was special, because I didn’t make normal flat and small cookies – I made these huge cookie bars!
So we don’t have them for a quick snack in between, we have them for our cake time.
I can’t really say much about them, besides they taste amazing – the picture says it all!
Huge, chocolaty, crunchy, satisfying!
If you don’t like them that big, you can of course make them in a 9*13 inch baking pan and get flat bars (described in the recipe).
Now start baking, and have a bite of the best cookie ever 😛
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1½ cups pretzels, coarsely broken, divided
- ⅓ cup peanut butter, crunchy
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Line the bottom of a 8 inch brownie pan with parchment paper (see notes below for 9*13 inch pan)
- In a large bowl combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and eggs until fluffy
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until well combined
- Now fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the pretzel pieces
- Pour batter in baking pan and spread out evenly
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Let cool completely, then melt peanut butter and remaining chocolate chips in the microwave, stir until smooth
- Sprinkle remaining pretzel pieces over your mega cookie
- Drizzle warm peanut butter chocolate chip mixture over pretzel pieces and cookie
- Let cool until set, then serve :)