Cookie time in my house yay! Ok, well actually it's cookie time in my house everyday, since I bake daily :)
But this time was special, because I didn't make normal flat and small cookies - I made these huge cookie bars!
So we don't have them for a quick snack in between, we have them for our cake time.
I can't really say much about them, besides they taste amazing - the picture says it all!
Huge, chocolaty, crunchy, satisfying!
If you don't like them that big, you can of course make them in a 9*13 inch baking pan and get flat bars (described in the recipe).
Now start baking, and have a bite of the best cookie ever :P
What you need
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1 1/2 cups pretzels, coarsely broken, divided
1/3 cup peanut butter, crunchy
| |How you make it
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Line the bottom of a 8 inch brownie pan with parchment paper (see notes below for 9*13 inch pan)
- In a large bowl combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and eggs until fluffy
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until well combined
- Now fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the pretzel pieces
- Pour batter in baking pan and spread out evenly
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Let cool completely, then melt peanut butter and remaining chocolate chips in the microwave, stir until smooth
- Sprinkle remaining pretzel pieces over your mega cookie
- Drizzle warm peanut butter chocolate chip mixture over pretzel pieces and cookie
- Let cool until set, then serve :)
*If you want them more flat, simply use a 9*13 inch baking pan and adjust the baking time to 20 minutes