What can I say, Pumpkin Pie with meat 😉
Sounds gross?! Wait until you try it.
My husband wasn’t so looking forward to eating it too, when I first told him, what I am going to make … now he loves it!
The flavors are amazing and fit together so perfectly good (surprising, I know).
I guess chili is like oatmeal, you can do almost everything with it. I really gotta say, that this is going to be one of my most favorite chili ever. I even think I will take this one to the chili cookout we have here in March.
We might have a winner here
You can basically use your favorite chili and mix the last 6 ingredients into it, or take the complete recipe from me.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and grated
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoons hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans (any kind)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons caramel topping, sugar free
- ½ cup nuts (I used walnuts)
- In a small bowl combine ¼ cup of the pumpkin puree and 2 tablespoons of the caramel topping and set aside
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray and bring over high heat
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic
- Cook for about 5 minutes
- Add turkey and cook until browned
- Add tomatoes, pumpkin, water, chili, hot sauce, salt and pepper and beans
- Turn heat down to low and let simmer for 30 minutes
- Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and caramel
- Let simmer for another 10 minutes
- Place in plates and top with the pumpkin caramel mixture you've set aside earlier
- Top with nuts and serve