They are so so good. I should maybe mention, that Germans love their cookies crunchy, really crunchy.
So these here are super crunchy, brushed with orange jam and (as you can see) dipped in chocolate.
The cookie itself is more like a simple shortbread cookie, that helps to combine the wonderful flavors of the orange and chocolate!
Every single bite of them is like Christmas in your mouth.
Just imagine yourself right now, sitting on the couch, cuddled up in a blanket, some warm tea or hot chocolate in one hand and one of those cookies in the other … life can be so nice
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1⅓ sticks butter, melted
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Orange zest of ½ orange
- 1 cup orange jam, sugar free
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- In a large bowl mic together all ingredients, besides jam and milk chocolate
- Knead with your hands until smooth
- Transfer into fridge and leave it there for 20 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Take dough out of the fridge and portion them with a tablespoon into equally sized balls
- Place the balls on the cookie sheet and press them down with a fork to about ¼ inch thickness
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Let cool completely
- Heat up the orange jam for about 30 seconds in the microwave
- Brush every cookie with liquid orange jam, then place a teaspoon of orange jam in the middle of each cookie and let dry completely
- One dry, melt the chocolate in the microwave
- Dip each cookie with both ends in chocolate, place on parchmentpaper to cool and set