Color on my plate in the morning, makes me wanna smile!
This breakfast keeps my satisfied till lunch, without getting hungry before.
Simply some mixed berries put together with oatmeal and sweetened just with jam and a banana.
It’s so low in fat and sugar that it’s totally guilt free, I love it!
Even my husband goes crazy for it, because it’s so rich filled with all the berries.
Since we have oatmeal for lunch everyday too, this will be on our table more often.
That’s also the reason why you can find lots of oatmeal ideas on my page, we just can’t get enough of it, so we have it for breakfast and lunch. Don’t ask me why, we just can’t imagine eating anything else during the day besides oatmeal and cake 😉
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- ¾ cup fat free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar free blackberry jam
- 1 banana, mashed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt and nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons hazelnuts, sliced or chopped
- 1 cup mix berries, frozen or fresh
- Honey for topping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- In a large bowl combine oats, milk, egg, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla and lemon juice
- Add mashed banana, jam and nuts, stir until well combined
- Fold in berries
- Pour equally into two 6 inch ramekins
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving
- Drizzle with some honey if you want it sweeter