This was the first time my husband and me were trying Quinoa for dinner. And I really don’t know what to tell you besides that it was one of the best dishes I’ve ever had.
The crunch of the Quinoa, the light sweetness of the butternut squash and the creaminess of the sauce were just phenomenal.
This Butternut Squash Quinoa is such a nice light, low fat low calorie dish, full of flavors and taste, that we were really sad once it was all gone.
I’ll definitely have that more often. Easy, fast, cheap – my favorite combo. Yours too?! Then how about having it for dinner tonight?
- 1 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Peel and cube your butternut squash
- Toss into 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon parsley until well coated
- Place in tin foil, leaving the top open
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile cook your quinoa according to package direction
- Once quinoa is done fold in grated carrot and set aside
- In a medium sauce pan over high heat cook garlic and onions in remaining oil
- Reduce heat to medium, add vegetable stock and heavy cream and let simmer for 5 minutes
- Add quinoa, let simmer for another 3 minutes
- Take away from heat and fold in butternut squash
- Serve immediately