It’s simply amazing! That’s exactly the description this dish deserves.
Oatmeal (I love it) turned into a Risotto. So, it’s Riceless Oatmeal Risotto!
Some basic ingredients you always have at home combined, some minutes in the microwave and you have one of the best dishes of your life on the table. I don’t think I dramatize here. It really blew me away.
Of course you can mix in whatever you want, maybe some asparagus or cauliflower, or you just take my recipe with peas.
The recipe makes two main dishes or 4 sides. Even, tho I think you really don’t want or need anything to it.
Oatmeal for dinner … I love my life 😉
- 1 up old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1¼ cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, fat reduced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- ½ tablespoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine oats and vegetable stock
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes
- Add cream cheese, parmesan cheese and peas
- Microwave for another 2 minutes
- Check creaminess (if you want it creamier microwave in 1 minute intervals until it is the way you want it)
- Spice with salt, pepper, paprika and chili