The flavors are pretty amazing, a nice earthy risotto that uses nuts as a thickener, finished with some grated apple.
I would have never thought something so simple could taste so good and make me never wanna go back to a normal risotto. And it’s so much healthier than the normal one. Low fat, low carb, just perfect for a good dinner!
I really recommend the Maggi vegetable stock (see bottom), because you safe lots of money compared to buying liquid stock and it just tastes better. You decide the strength of your vegetable stock!
- 3 cups cauliflower, grated
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 heaping tablespoon basil
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, fat reduced
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ apple, grated
- Cook your grated cauliflower
- Meanwhile bring nuts, yeast and salt together in a grinder and pulse a few times, set aside
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, bring over high heat and saute your onion
- Turn heat down to medium, add cooked cauliflower, cook for 3 minutes
- Add garlic, broth, pepper and cheddar cheese
- Turn heat down to low and let simmer for about 5 minutes
- Take away from heat and stir in nut mixture and basil until well combined
- Top with some grated apple
- Serve immediately