The main reason I love Poke Cakes is, because it’s simple, fast and great for every party.
Usually I don’t use cake mixes, only for Poke Cakes.
Yesterday was ladies night once again at my house and like always, we wanna have something colorful.
Well, some cream and chocolate shouldn’t be missing either
So I made a Red Velvet Poke Cake with cream cheese pudding, whipped cream and some crushed cookies on top. Colorwise this cake is awesome, and so is the taste. My girls loved it!
If you wanna bring some color on your plate, this cake is perfect for it!
- 1 Box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- (prepare with 3 eggs, ⅙ cup applesauce, ⅙ cup oil and 1 cup water)
- 1 Package Instant Cheesecake Pudding
- (prepare with 1¾ cups fat free milk)
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Some Oreo cookies for topping (a cheap brand works too, because it’s just for the looks and having a little chocolate taste)
- Bake Red Velvet cake as described on the left
- Let cake just cool a couple minutes before you poke big holes in it (they have to be big, so that the pudding can run in)
- Prepare the pudding as described on the right, do not wait till it’s all set
- Pour pudding over cake and spread out, making sure, the holes are filled
- Place in fridge for an hour
- Whip your heavy cream until very stiff and spread over completely cooled cake
- Place back into the fridge for another 2 hours
- Right before serving sprinkle crushed Oreo cookies on top