Sometimes it just has to go fast. And sometimes I just don’t wanna wait for a yeast dough to rise.
Last night I felt the need for fresh baked cinnamon rolls, but without the waiting time.
So I had to find a recipe for Cinnamon Rolls without yeast. And here it is.
They are done so fast and they are so delicious. I didn’t miss the yeast a bit.
The recipe makes 12 Cinnamon Rolls, this morning I woke up having two left, because my husband secretly packed himself some for work.
Guess I gotta bake more today
The dough is very soft and kinda hard to roll, but that doesn’t really matter, because you can fix the shape once you put them in your muffin forms.
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package stevia
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup fat free milk
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces fat reduced cream cheese
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fat free milk
- Mix all ingredients for the filling together until crumbly and set aside
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Either butter and flour your muffin cups or line them with paper muffin cups In a large bowl combine all dough ingredients starting with the dry ones, then adding the wet ones, until well combined
- Roll out dough into a ¼ inch thick square (dough is very soft, so you should use a lot of flour)
- Spread filling on the square and roll up the dough (it doesn’t matter if it’s not perfectly round, because you can fix that later in the muffin cups)
- Cut into 12 pieces and place each piece in one muffin cup
- Bake for 20 minutes
- While baking mix all ingredients for the icing together and drizzle over warm cinnamon roll muffins