Sometimes it just has to go fast. And sometimes I just don’t wanna wait for a yeast dough to rise.
Last night I felt the need for fresh baked cinnamon rolls, but without the waiting time.
So I had to find a recipe for Cinnamon Rolls without yeast. And here it is.
They are done so fast and they are so delicious. I didn’t miss the yeast a bit.
The recipe makes 12 Cinnamon Rolls, this morning I woke up having two left, because my husband secretly packed himself some for work.
Guess I gotta bake more today 😉
The dough is very soft and kinda hard to roll, but that doesn’t really matter, because you can fix the shape once you put them in your muffin forms.
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package stevia
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup fat free milk
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces fat reduced cream cheese
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fat free milk
- Mix all ingredients for the filling together until crumbly and set aside
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Either butter and flour your muffin cups or line them with paper muffin cups In a large bowl combine all dough ingredients starting with the dry ones, then adding the wet ones, until well combined
- Roll out dough into a ¼ inch thick square (dough is very soft, so you should use a lot of flour)
- Spread filling on the square and roll up the dough (it doesn't matter if it's not perfectly round, because you can fix that later in the muffin cups)
- Cut into 12 pieces and place each piece in one muffin cup
- Bake for 20 minutes
- While baking mix all ingredients for the icing together and drizzle over warm cinnamon roll muffins