If you have ever been to a Godfather’s Pizza Restaurant, you know how awesome their dessert pizza is and how fast it’s always gone, as soon as they put it out at the all-you-can-eat.
So to not having to stress myself anymore and being scared of not getting a slice, I just made it myself.
If you think about it, it’s very simple. We have all made a streusel cake already, and that’s basically it: putting streusel on pizza dough.
The only thing you change for the Godfather Streusel Dessert Pizza is, leaving the salt out of your favorite pizza dough.
So prepare it before you start dinner and put it in the oven right after dinner and you will have a nice dessert, that the whole family loves
- Your favorite pizza crust (or buy a refrigerated one)
- ½ tablespoon oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream (maybe a little more)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F
- Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray
- Press dough into pizza pan and make little holes with a fork all over the pizza dough
- Brush with ½ tablespoon of oil and sprinkle cinnamon all over (as much as you like)
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar and butter until it forms crumbles (best if you use your fingertips)
- Sprinkle crumbs all over pizza dough
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (until crispy and browned)
- While baking, prepare the icing by mixing powdered sugar with heavy cream
- When pizza is done, let it cool for 5 minutes, put icing on and serve immediately