But with a sauce like we had it for last nights dinner even fish tastes good 😉
It’s a Flounder on Coconut Curry Sauce. A lightly sweet taste combined with curry spice just makes the fish melt in your mouth.
You can serve it with rice or any kind of vegetables. I decided to take butternut squash, because the sweet taste just fits fine to the coconut sauce.
All together a very fast, easy and delicious dish, that makes even us eat fish!
- 12 ounces flounder fillets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (if you don't want the sauce to be thick, leave it out)
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan, add garlic and lemongrass, cook for 1 minute
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, cornstarch, garlic, honey and lemon juice
- Bring to a boil, then immediately turn down the heat and let simmer until thickened up
- Spice with salt and pepper as you like it, set aside
- In a large skillet heat up the oil for about 2 minutes
- Spice fish with salt and pepper (both sides)
- Place fish in hot oil and cook from each side for about 3-4 minutes
- Serve with rice, quinoa, butternut squash or other vegetable on side and coconut sauce on top