Mac and Cheese combined with my favorite drink, as a Bavarian beer has to be my favorite drink 😉
I actually made this for my husband and his friends, when they had their game night, but after tasting while cooking it, I just couldn’t resist anymore.
So I just had to make me a whole bowl for myself.
The rich creaminess stays, even tho, I barely use fat and just fat reduced cheese. You can actually taste the beer, it gives it a kind of surprisingly amazing bitter flavor.
It’s really hard to describe, you better try it yourself!
Oh, and the leftover beer is perfect for drinking while and after cooking
- 6 ounces uncooked macaroni pasta
- ½ cup beer
- ½ cup fat free milk
- 4 ounces shredded mexican cheese, fat reduced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- salt and pepper
- Cook your pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter, stir in flour
- Add milk and beer
- Cook until it starts thickening up, stirring in between
- Reduce the heat to low
- Add cheese and stir until smooth
- Spice with mustard, basil, paprika powder, salt and pepper
- Pour in the cooked noodles
- Stir until noodles are fully covered with sauce, serve